Your wellbeing is primary for us. Therefore, we are giving you the latest updates about traveling in Albania during COVID-19. During this unprecedented situation created by COVID-19, we have been in touch with all the public institutions and local partners, to assure maximal security on all of your travels with us.
Since March 10th, until now, two authorities were assigned to implement all the safety measures in Albania. These institutions are:
- The Ministry of Health and Social Protection: https://new.shendetesia.gov.al/
- The Institute of Public Health: http://www.ishp.gov.al/
- The Ministry of Tourism and Environment: http://www.mjedisi.gov.al/
- The Ministry of Infrastructure and Energy: https://www.infrastruktura.gov.al/
We have strictly followed and we have implemented all the guidelines and protocols published by the Ministry of Health and Social Protection & The Institute of Public Health, against the spread of the virus.
Below we have listed all the measures published in the “Anti COVID-19 Measures Protocol”, approved by the Joint Order No. 353 dated 29/05/2020 of the Ministry of Health and Social Protection & the Ministry of Tourism and Environment.
Protocols approved by the Institute of Public Health
This is a temporary guide during this dynamic phase of COVID-19 and therefore will be refreshed again according to the level of risk.
-70 % of the capacity of the coach is allowed
-All passengers must be equipped with masks and a hand sanitizer
-Maintain distance (where is possible)
2-COVID-19 SANITARY HYGIENE MASS PROTOCOL IN BARS OR RESTAURANTS IN OPEN ENVIRONMENT
- Hand hygiene is important in these moments:
- Before, during, and after food consumption.
- After using the toilet.
- After you have cleaned your nose, after coughing or sneezing.
- After wearing, touching, or removing the mask or face protector.
- After touching money or items that have been treated by employers, such as disposable food bags.
- Before wearing and removing disposable gloves.
- Do not touch eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Coughing and sneezing are performed using the throat or nasal paper. Cards immediately are thrown into the basket.
- The client disinfects hands at the entrance and exit of the bar or restaurant with 60% alcohol-based sanitizers made available by the entity.
- The bar or restaurant subject must guarantee and respect at all times the distance of 1.5 meters between the employed staff and the customers.
- It is recommended to avoid “cash” money and provide card services credit.
- If the payment is made at the cashier the subject of the bar or restaurant must place Plexiglas between the employee and the client.
- In no case is physical contact allowed between other clients from different groups, or between third including greetings.
- The bar subject – cafe or restaurant should place on the surface of the environment open the tables, so that the distance from the back of one chair in the back of another chair to be at least 1m away, as a result, customers see each other from a distance at least 2m.
- Third parties such as suppliers and distributors are only allowed to be equipped with protective masks, gloves, and hand disinfection.
- The subject must disinfect the environment and clean before opening and after closing at least 2 times a day. Dirty surfaces are first washed with soap and water and then disinfected with other products. Products used by the manufacturer/seller should be following the relevant instructions of the Ministry of Health and Social Protection.
- The entity must display the information poster on COVID-19 risk reduction According to the approved format.
- The subject bar – cafe or restaurant must post the statement for the implementation of a protocol for the subjects, according to the approved format which includes the obligation for self-assessment of symptoms by staff/administrator/any other third party person entering and leaving the premises under approved format, where administrative or criminal liability is mentioned for the person who does not take measures according to legal obligations and green number for denunciation.
- The bar – coffee or restaurant subject must display the full protocol according to the text approved.
3-Measures in resorts, hotels, accommodation units as well as tourist attractions (museums, places of interest, national parks, etc.)
This protocol is valid only in case of the removal of restrictive measures by the Albanian Government and in case of allowing touristic activities, according to the confirmed areas and territories.
1.1 Treatment of symptomatic cases
If a person present within the accommodation/tourism facility (visitor, staff, etc.) has a fever and symptoms of a respiratory infection (dry cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing) he should immediately notify the accompanying person. with National Emergency 127 and LGU of the local unit in terms of tourist enterprise. Communication should be possible only through the telephone.
1.2 Use of elevators
The use of elevators must allow the distance approved by the MLSW (1.5 m). The distance can be reduced for people who are part of the same family, tourist group, or who share a room.
1.3 Manual for Food and Beverage administration
-Raise your hands often and on request.
-If automatic machines are used, the drinks should be served only in disposable cardboard cups.
When entering and leaving restaurants, or barns customers should disinfect their hands with a disinfectant gel, that should be placed at the entrance of these facilities. Customers must maintain a distance approved by the MLSW between them (1.5 meters).
1.5 General rules
Until the end of the epidemic caused by Covid-19, all beach stations as well as public beaches must have posted the advice and rules for protection against Covid-19.
These rules consist of.
a) Wash and disinfect your hands regularly and properly.
b) Use masks according to instructions.
c) Avoid crowds and any contact outside the group.
d) Do not touch the face and nose with unwashed and uninfected hands.
e) When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth/nose with forearms or disposable wipes.
f) If you notice Covid19 symptoms, call Nr. 127.
1.6 SPA / Sauna / Massage & beauty center
Based on the size of the environment, the hotel/resort can allow a maximum number of customers at the same time in the Spa area respecting the distance of 1.5 meters between them. For customers who want to enjoy a massage or use the sauna or jacuzzi, each of them must make a reservation to check their number with respect to the distance of 1.5 meters.
1.7 Various concerts
At the moment, festivals, concerts, and festivities with a large concentration of people are not allowed until a second announcement.
1.8 Rules for guides and excursions
Recommendations for visits to museums, cultural sites, archeology and protected areas for organized groups, families or individuals
- It is recommended to maintain physical distances and personal hygiene according to the instructions of MSHMS.
- In museums, cultural sites, archeological sites, and protected areas, special bins are placed for the disposal of anti-COVID waste.
- At the beginning of each trip, the tourist guide is recommended to provide the necessary information to the tourists for maintaining the physical distance and hygiene according to the instructions of MSHMS.